Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks!

I just had a quintessential New York experience: A private viewing of the Macy's 4th of July fireworks on a rooftop in Manhattan's Upper West Side.

Credit: nycgo.com

It was fantastic! Someone brought up a radio and played the 1010 WINS official Macy's Fireworks broadcast which really set the mood.

The show ended off with a spectacular display of fireworks that lit up the night sky with the National Anthem playing on the radio. From the rooftop where I stood, I could hear the people down by the river and on nearby buildings clapping and cheering. Oh, and the boats on the river all tooted their horns at once! It was really cool!

The only downside was that the mosquitoes were out in full force.

Next year, I plan on facing the crowds and going to the best viewing spots by the Hudson River. I really want to see how the crowds turn out for this amazing event, and I also want to experience the fireworks literally above my head. Anyone care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post with a name, not anonymous.

How do I post a comment?
http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42399