Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Costello's Planters

Some readers ask me if I will ever run out of things to write.

Honestly, I don't think I will. Every day is filled with brand new exciting discoveries (I have a whole list of things waiting to be written about!!).

Like today, when I saw this video on the Eyewitness News website:




about a man named Costello who beautifies his neighborhood on West 102nd Street by planting exquisite flowers boxes around the trees, as well as elaborately decorating the front doorways of his building and others.

(if you can't see the video, go to the original article).

And I absolutely had to check it out.

So I trekked all the way uptown to 102nd street...



Wow!!! The planters were even more beautiful than the video!

(Maybe because it was sunny when I went, and the video was taken on a cloudy, rainy day).



I so wish I could live on this block!!



Whoever you are, Costello, I think your work is wonderful.

I love how you add beauty to the normally mundane city streets.



I'm all for that, you know.

Adding beauty where you least expect it, that is.



And can it get any better than this?!



I mean, you even put fountains outside your building's front entrance!



Lucky neighbors.



Keep up the awesome work, Costello!



Maybe you'll make your way down to my block someday.
That would be amazing.

P.S. Check out this great album filled with pictures from 102nd street. But I strongly suggest checking it out in person... it's so much better in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post with a name, not anonymous.

How do I post a comment?
http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42399