Thursday, November 17, 2011

Surprise in a Planter

A few days ago, as I was walking home from work, I passed by a small building in my neighborhood that I pass at least once a week. 

But as I passed by the building that day, I noticed two people standing over a planter right outside their front door, i.e. a mini garden for people in the city who can't plant an actual garden, often used for decorative purposes. As I got closer, I started to smell something amazing. It took me a few seconds to figure it out.

Fresh herbs!!!

It's not everyday that you find wonderful fresh herbs in a planter on a New York City street! 



To make a short story even shorter, being the curious young lady I am, I asked them all about their planter, why they plant it, how often they pick it, what they grow, who they are, what they do...

And as a lovely treat at the end of our conversation, they gave me a fragrant bunch of fresh thyme to take home!



What a nice surprise :-).

1 comment:

Please post with a name, not anonymous.

How do I post a comment?
http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42399