Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tap City!

I went to see the Tap City Youth Ensemble with my grandmother at the Lenox Hill Neighborhood House this past Sunday.



It was really amazing!!!


The dancers were unbelievably talented, and their show was not only entertaining, it was also very educational.

Check out this video to see what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkL7cc64jr8
Take notice of the "Gum Boot" dance scene (4:15) - this was really new to me, and I found it to be super interesting.

I absolutely LOVE tap dancing (I took tap for a few years), and I especially enjoyed seeing these young, energetic teenagers bring-down-the-house with their awesome beats and rhythms. Their style was very different than the Savion Glover show I saw back in June.

Here is one bit from the performance that I managed to get on camera:


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That's cuz Savion Glover is so good that hardly anyone else CAN have his style...

    Serach

    ReplyDelete

Please post with a name, not anonymous.

How do I post a comment?
http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42399